unixODBC ODBC Library Load Behavior

Vince George (vincgeor)

We have just finished configuring and installing both unixODBC and upgrading one of Cisco product’s ODBC driver to serve up connectivity for SAS via SAS / Access.

We want to make sure a new ODBC driver (version) library is being used for user access and if we need to recycle SAS / Access and / or other components to ensure this happens.

So the question is:  does unixODBC keep an ODBC Driver libraries loaded in memory to service subsequent connections once an initial connection has been established to the data source?

Thanks and regards,

Vince George | Solutions Manager - Consultant

Mobile: (201) 519-3777

[hidden email] | www.cisco.com

http://www.cisco.com/web/europe/images/email/signature/logo03.jpg

Re: unixODBC ODBC Library Load Behavior

Kevin Adler
I'm guessing you'll want to look at the DontDLClose attribute: http://www.easysoft.com/support/kb/kb00666.html

Regards

Kevin Adler
Software Development - DB2 for i, Database Access for IBM i

IBM Systems & Technology Group 015-3/C117
3605 Hwy 52 N
Rochester, MN 55901-1407
United States
Dept: 45X