set up for SQLConnect

Awadh Althwab
Hi all,

Have installed onto Ubuntu unixodbc.

isql on the CLI returns the help message but echo "select 1" | isql -v asterisk-connector returns

[01000][unixODBC][Driver Manager]Can't open lib '/usr/lib/odbc/libmyodbc3_r-3.51.11.so' : file not found
[ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect

In /usr/lib/odbc/ is libmyodbc5.so

How do I get unixODBC to see version 5 and not 3...

I am guessing that my configuration is not correct. Is it better to uninstall and reinstall asterisk and unixODBC?

Thanks
Awadh

Re: set up for SQLConnect

Nick Gorham-2
On 05/11/14 05:25, Awadh Althwab wrote:
Hi all,

Have installed onto Ubuntu unixodbc.

isql on the CLI returns the help message butĀ echo "select 1" | isql -v asterisk-connector returnsĀ

[01000][unixODBC][Driver Manager]Can't open lib '/usr/lib/odbc/libmyodbc3_r-3.51.11.so' : file not found
[ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect

Whats in the odbc.ini and odbcinst,ini?

Re: set up for SQLConnect

Awadh Althwab
configuration details such as saver name , databasename, driver and the rest.

On 05/11/14 08:15, Awadh Althwab wrote:
configuration details such as saver name , databasename, driver and the rest.

Well, just set them to the correct values, and make sure you have any dependent libs that the driver needs then it will all just work fine.

Re: set up for SQLConnect

Awadh Althwab

Thanks Nick

Any example would be helpful?

On 05/11/14 16:11, Awadh Althwab wrote:

Thanks Nick

Any example would be helpful?

I am guessing (as that is all you have provided for me to go on) that you need the mysql client library in addition to the myodbc driver.

Re: set up for SQLConnect

Awadh Althwab
But MySQL server already installed and working fine.
What I should install that MySQL library?
Thanks Nick

> On 6/11/2014, at 5:36 am, Nick Gorham <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> On 05/11/14 16:11, Awadh Althwab wrote:
>>
>> Thanks Nick
>>
>> Any example would be helpful?
>
> I am guessing (as that is all you have provided for me to go on) that you need the mysql client library in addition to the myodbc driver.
>
> --
> Nick

Re: set up for SQLConnect

Nick Gorham-2
On 05/11/14 17:35, Awadh Althwab wrote:
> But MySQL server already installed and working fine.
> What I should install that MySQL library?
> Thanks Nick

The error you reported looks like the myodbc driver is looking for the
client lib

/usr/lib/odbc/libmyodbc3_r-3.51.11.so

if you have a different version of the lib, then a symbolic link may
resolve the problem.

But its a MyODBC/MySQL problem. From a unixODBC perspective I am just
guessing.

Re: set up for SQLConnect

Kevin Adler
You either need to change odbcinst.ini to point your driver name to use a different library instead of /usr/lib/odbc/libmyodbc3_r-3.51.11.so or if this is correct then you need to ensure that all the dependencies for this shared object exist and can be found (ldd /usr/lib/odbc/libmyodbc3_r-3.51.11.so, look for 'not found').

[hidden email] wrote on 11/04/2014 11:25:41 PM:

> From: Awadh Althwab <[hidden email]>

> To: "[hidden email]" <unixodbc-
> [hidden email]>

> Date: 11/04/2014 11:30 PM
> Subject: [unixODBC-support] set up for SQLConnect
> Sent by: [hidden email]
>
> Hi all,

> Have installed onto Ubuntu unixodbc.

> isql on the CLI returns the help message but echo "select 1" | isql
> -v asterisk-connector returns

> [01000][unixODBC][Driver Manager]Can't open lib '/usr/lib/odbc/
> libmyodbc3_r-3.51.11.so' : file not found

> [ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect
>
> In /usr/lib/odbc/ is libmyodbc5.so

> How do I get unixODBC to see version 5 and not 3...

> I am guessing that my configuration is not correct. Is it better to
> uninstall and reinstall asterisk and unixODBC?

> Thanks

> Awadh_______________________________________________
> unixODBC-support mailing list

Re: set up for SQLConnect

Awadh Althwab
Thanks. Have made the link and now get the error

[08S01][unixODBC][MySQL][ODBC 5.1 Driver]Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)
[ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect

Does that mean I should comment out the lines that read

socket          = /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock

in /etc/mysql/my.cnf?

Awadh

To: [hidden email]
From: [hidden email]