isql cannot find Oracle driver on Fedora Rawhide (64-bit)

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

isql cannot find Oracle driver on Fedora Rawhide (64-bit)

Angela Johansson
Hi All,

I have problems connecting to my database server. Running isql against
Oracle's own driver gives the following output:

[oracle@vierstein ~]$ isql -v  OracleODBC-11g
[01000][unixODBC][Driver Manager]Can't open lib
'/usr/local/share/oracle/11g/lib/libsqora.so.11.1' : file not found
[ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect

I know the library is there and I also checked the versions, since I
am running a 64-bit OS:

[oracle@vierstein ~]$ file /usr/local/share/oracle/11g/lib/libsqora.so.11.1
/usr/local/share/oracle/11g/lib/libsqora.so.11.1: ELF 64-bit LSB
shared object, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV),
dynamically linked, not stripped
[oracle@vierstein ~]$ file /usr/bin/isql
/usr/bin/isql: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV),
dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.18, stripped

They both exist and are 64-bit files. Why doesn't isql find the library?

With easysoft's driver, I get the same output (with a different path of course):

[oracle@vierstein ~]$ isql -v  ORACLE
[01000][unixODBC][Driver Manager]Can't open lib
'/usr/local/easysoft/oracle/libesoracle.so' : file not found
[ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect
[oracle@vierstein ~]$ file /usr/local/easysoft/oracle/libesoracle.so
/usr/local/easysoft/oracle/libesoracle.so: ELF 64-bit LSB shared
object, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, not stripped

I also tried copying the library to /usr/lib64 and installing 32-bit
unixODBC using the 32-bit version of the driver - nothing works. Does
anybody know what's wrong or can give me any hint as to what I should
double-check?

I am running Fedora Rawhide (the development version of Fedora), the
installed unixODBC package is unixODBC-2.2.14-2.fc11.x86_64.rpm and
the installed database server is Oracle Database 11g.

Thanks in advance for your effort.

Regards,
/Angela J
_______________________________________________
unixODBC-support mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mailman.unixodbc.org/mailman/listinfo/unixodbc-support
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: isql cannot find Oracle driver on Fedora Rawhide (64-bit)

Nick Gorham-2
Angela Johansson wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have problems connecting to my database server. Running isql against
> Oracle's own driver gives the following output:
>
> [oracle@vierstein ~]$ isql -v  OracleODBC-11g
> [01000][unixODBC][Driver Manager]Can't open lib
> '/usr/local/share/oracle/11g/lib/libsqora.so.11.1' : file not found
> [ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect
>
> I know the library is there and I also checked the versions, since I
> am running a 64-bit OS:
>
> [oracle@vierstein ~]$ file /usr/local/share/oracle/11g/lib/libsqora.so.11.1
> /usr/local/share/oracle/11g/lib/libsqora.so.11.1: ELF 64-bit LSB
> shared object, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV),
> dynamically linked, not stripped
> [oracle@vierstein ~]$ file /usr/bin/isql
> /usr/bin/isql: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV),
> dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.18, stripped
>
> They both exist and are 64-bit files. Why doesn't isql find the library?
>
> With easysoft's driver, I get the same output (with a different path of course):
>
> [oracle@vierstein ~]$ isql -v  ORACLE
> [01000][unixODBC][Driver Manager]Can't open lib
> '/usr/local/easysoft/oracle/libesoracle.so' : file not found
> [ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect
> [oracle@vierstein ~]$ file /usr/local/easysoft/oracle/libesoracle.so
> /usr/local/easysoft/oracle/libesoracle.so: ELF 64-bit LSB shared
> object, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, not stripped
>
> I also tried copying the library to /usr/lib64 and installing 32-bit
> unixODBC using the 32-bit version of the driver - nothing works. Does
> anybody know what's wrong or can give me any hint as to what I should
> double-check?
>
> I am running Fedora Rawhide (the development version of Fedora), the
> installed unixODBC package is unixODBC-2.2.14-2.fc11.x86_64.rpm and
> the installed database server is Oracle Database 11g.
>
> Thanks in advance for your effort.
>
> Regards,
> /Angela J
> _______________________________________________
> unixODBC-support mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://mailman.unixodbc.org/mailman/listinfo/unixodbc-support
>  

Try a

ldd /usr/local/easysoft/oracle/libesoracle.so

and

ldd /usr/local/share/oracle/11g/lib/libsqora.so.11.1

And see what it says. Also check that SELinux isn't preventing the libs
from being loaded.

--
Nick
_______________________________________________
unixODBC-support mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mailman.unixodbc.org/mailman/listinfo/unixodbc-support
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: isql cannot find Oracle driver on Fedora Rawhide (64-bit)

Angela Johansson
In reply to this post by Angela Johansson
Nick Gorham wrote:

>> [oracle@vierstein ~]$ isql -v  OracleODBC-11g
>> [01000][unixODBC][Driver Manager]Can't open lib
>> '/usr/local/share/oracle/11g/lib/libsqora.so.11.1' : file not found
>> [ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect
>
>Try a
>
>ldd /usr/local/easysoft/oracle/libesoracle.so
>
>and
>
>ldd /usr/local/share/oracle/11g/lib/libsqora.so.11.1
>
>And see what it says. Also check that SELinux isn't preventing the libs
>from being loaded.
>
>--
>Nick
>

Thanks! What a great command!!! And a VERY quick reply from you. :)
I get:
[oracle@vierstein ~]$ ldd /usr/local/easysoft/oracle/libesoracle.so
        linux-vdso.so.1 =>  (0x00007fffcc0bb000)
        libodbcinst.so.1 => not found
        libessupp_r.so => /usr/local/easysoft/lib/libessupp_r.so (0x00007f4fc3d33000)
        libeslicshr_r.so => /usr/local/easysoft/lib/libeslicshr_r.so
(0x00007f4fc3c23000)
        libm.so.6 => /lib64/libm.so.6 (0x00007f4fc399f000)
        libc.so.6 => /lib64/libc.so.6 (0x00007f4fc3630000)
        libesextra_r.so => /usr/local/easysoft/lib/libesextra_r.so (0x00007f4fc352f000)
        /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 (0x0000003993200000)
[oracle@vierstein ~]$ ldd /usr/local/share/oracle/11g/lib/libsqora.so.11.1
        linux-vdso.so.1 =>  (0x00007fff0e5fe000)
        libdl.so.2 => /lib64/libdl.so.2 (0x00007f1a0619c000)
        libm.so.6 => /lib64/libm.so.6 (0x00007f1a05f17000)
        libpthread.so.0 => /lib64/libpthread.so.0 (0x00007f1a05cfb000)
        libnsl.so.1 => /lib64/libnsl.so.1 (0x00007f1a05ae1000)
        libclntsh.so.11.1 =>
/usr/local/share/oracle/11g/lib/libclntsh.so.11.1 (0x00007f1a0366a000)
        libodbcinst.so.1 => not found
        libc.so.6 => /lib64/libc.so.6 (0x00007f1a032fc000)
        /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 (0x0000003993200000)
        libnnz11.so => /usr/local/share/oracle/11g/lib/libnnz11.so (0x00007f1a02e9e000)
        libaio.so.1 => /lib64/libaio.so.1 (0x00007f1a02c9d000)

That explains it! My unixODBC rpm package is missing a crucial
library. So, next stop: Bugzilla.

/Angela
_______________________________________________
unixODBC-support mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mailman.unixodbc.org/mailman/listinfo/unixodbc-support
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: isql cannot find Oracle driver on Fedora Rawhide (64-bit)

Nick Gorham-2
Angela Johansson wrote:

> Nick Gorham wrote:
>
>  
>>> [oracle@vierstein ~]$ isql -v  OracleODBC-11g
>>> [01000][unixODBC][Driver Manager]Can't open lib
>>> '/usr/local/share/oracle/11g/lib/libsqora.so.11.1' : file not found
>>> [ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect
>>>      
>> Try a
>>
>> ldd /usr/local/easysoft/oracle/libesoracle.so
>>
>> and
>>
>> ldd /usr/local/share/oracle/11g/lib/libsqora.so.11.1
>>
>> And see what it says. Also check that SELinux isn't preventing the libs
>>    
> >from being loaded.
>  
>> --
>> Nick
>>
>>    
>
> Thanks! What a great command!!! And a VERY quick reply from you. :)
> I get:
> [oracle@vierstein ~]$ ldd /usr/local/easysoft/oracle/libesoracle.so
> linux-vdso.so.1 =>  (0x00007fffcc0bb000)
> libodbcinst.so.1 => not found
> libessupp_r.so => /usr/local/easysoft/lib/libessupp_r.so (0x00007f4fc3d33000)
> libeslicshr_r.so => /usr/local/easysoft/lib/libeslicshr_r.so
> (0x00007f4fc3c23000)
> libm.so.6 => /lib64/libm.so.6 (0x00007f4fc399f000)
> libc.so.6 => /lib64/libc.so.6 (0x00007f4fc3630000)
> libesextra_r.so => /usr/local/easysoft/lib/libesextra_r.so (0x00007f4fc352f000)
> /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 (0x0000003993200000)
> [oracle@vierstein ~]$ ldd /usr/local/share/oracle/11g/lib/libsqora.so.11.1
> linux-vdso.so.1 =>  (0x00007fff0e5fe000)
> libdl.so.2 => /lib64/libdl.so.2 (0x00007f1a0619c000)
> libm.so.6 => /lib64/libm.so.6 (0x00007f1a05f17000)
> libpthread.so.0 => /lib64/libpthread.so.0 (0x00007f1a05cfb000)
> libnsl.so.1 => /lib64/libnsl.so.1 (0x00007f1a05ae1000)
> libclntsh.so.11.1 =>
> /usr/local/share/oracle/11g/lib/libclntsh.so.11.1 (0x00007f1a0366a000)
> libodbcinst.so.1 => not found
> libc.so.6 => /lib64/libc.so.6 (0x00007f1a032fc000)
> /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 (0x0000003993200000)
> libnnz11.so => /usr/local/share/oracle/11g/lib/libnnz11.so (0x00007f1a02e9e000)
> libaio.so.1 => /lib64/libaio.so.1 (0x00007f1a02c9d000)
>
> That explains it! My unixODBC rpm package is missing a crucial
> library. So, next stop: Bugzilla.
>
> /Angela
>  

Ok, as you have the Easysoft driver there, the install includes its own
build of libodbc and libodbcinst Try setting your lib search path to
include /usr/local/easysoft/unixODBC/lib

--
Nick
_______________________________________________
unixODBC-support mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mailman.unixodbc.org/mailman/listinfo/unixodbc-support
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: isql cannot find Oracle driver on Fedora Rawhide (64-bit)

aemerich
This post has NOT been accepted by the mailing list yet.
In reply to this post by Nick Gorham-2
I ran the command "ldd /usr/local/easysoft/oracle/libesoracle.so" and still have the same error:

[01000][unixODBC][Driver Manager]Can't open lib '/usr/lib/oracle/11.2/client64/lib/libsqora.so.11.1' : file not found

Is there anything else to do?
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: isql cannot find Oracle driver on Fedora Rawhide (64-bit)

aemerich
This post has NOT been accepted by the mailing list yet.
Solved!

It was missing TWO_TASK environment variable.

Regards..
Loading...