getsockopt error. ERRNO=22

mouse
Hi,
I use isql connected to PostgreSQL,I got the error message:
[unixODBC]Could not connect to the server;
Could not connect .. getsockopt error. {08001,NativeErr = 101}

I can't find this error reason.
Could you help me how to resolve my connection issue?

Re: getsockopt error. ERRNO=22

Nick Gorham-2
On 09/07/14 01:59, mouse wrote:
> Hi,
> I use isql connected to PostgreSQL,I got the error message:
> [unixODBC]Could not connect to the server;
> Could not connect .. getsockopt error. {08001,NativeErr = 101}
>
> I can't find this error reason.
> Could you help me how to resolve my connection issue?

Which Postgres driver?

What is set in your odbc.ini?

have you asked the driver folks?

What platform?

is the server running and listening?

Re: getsockopt error. ERRNO=22

mouse
Hi,
1.Which Postgres driver?
I use edb-odbc.so that it is a Postgres Plus Advanced Server connector.

2.What is set in your odbc.ini?
[edb]
Description=EnterpriseDB DSN
#Driver=EnterpriseDB
Driver=/opt/PostgresPlus/9.2AS/connectors/odbc/lib/edb-odbc.so
Trace=yes
TraceFile=/tmp/odbctrace.log
Servername=192.168.0.6
Username=tsuser
Password=tsuser
Port=5444
Database=edb
QuotedId=Yes
ReadOnly=no

3.have you asked the driver folks?
No.

4.What platform?
My plateform is HP-UX(x64).

5.is the server running and listening?
Yes,the server is running.

On 09/07/14 10:00, mouse wrote:

> Hi,
> 1.Which Postgres driver?
> I use edb-odbc.so that it is a Postgres Plus Advanced Server connector.
>
> 2.What is set in your odbc.ini?
> [edb]
> Description=EnterpriseDB DSN
> #Driver=EnterpriseDB
> Driver=/opt/PostgresPlus/9.2AS/connectors/odbc/lib/edb-odbc.so
> Trace=yes
> TraceFile=/tmp/odbctrace.log
> Servername=192.168.0.6
> Username=tsuser
> Password=tsuser
> Port=5444
> Database=edb
> QuotedId=Yes
> ReadOnly=no
>
> 3.have you asked the driver folks?
> No.

I would, that error is from the driver, so they would be the ones that
will know (unless someone else on this list has experience of that driver).

> 4.What platform?
> My plateform is HP-UX(x64).
>
> 5.is the server running and listening?
> Yes,the server is running.

May not be listening though, check you can

telnet 192.168.0.6 5444

and get a connection.

But the error is reporting as a getsockopt error, so its probably
something else inside the driver.