User Manual

Igor Korot
Hi, Peter,
It look like http://www.unixodbc.org/doc/UserManual/ still references
GUI tools.
They are not in the main distribution anymore and it looks like they fail
to build.

I guess someone needs to write a new UG about how to do
everything by hand.

Thank you.

Re: User Manual

Peter Harvey-5
The project was broken out into multiple projects with the GUI bits
being their own. Unfortunately; I have not attended to the GUI project
in quite sometime - there have been few requests.

There is a manual on configuring without a GUI.

--
Peter

Igor Korot wrote:
> Hi, Peter, It look like http://www.unixodbc.org/doc/UserManual/
> still references GUI tools. They are not in the main distribution
> anymore and it looks like they fail to build.
>
> I guess someone needs to write a new UG about how to do everything
> by hand.
>
> Thank you.

Re: User Manual

Igor Korot
Peter,

On Mon, Feb 22, 2016 at 2:25 PM, Peter Harvey <[hidden email]> wrote:
> The project was broken out into multiple projects with the GUI bits
> being their own. Unfortunately; I have not attended to the GUI project
> in quite sometime - there have been few requests.
>
> There is a manual on configuring without a GUI.

Yes, I understand.
However, as long as this is an "official UG" published on the web site
it needs to
be maintained.

Also, are you planning to come back to check on the unixODBC GUI project?

Thx.

> --
> Peter
>
> Igor Korot wrote:
>> Hi, Peter, It look like http://www.unixodbc.org/doc/UserManual/
>> still references GUI tools. They are not in the main distribution
>> anymore and it looks like they fail to build.
>>
>> I guess someone needs to write a new UG about how to do everything
>> by hand.
>>
>> Thank you.

Re: User Manual

Peter Harvey-5
Could return to it - if there was a real need.

--
Peter