Trouble connecting with PostgreSQL driver

Trouble connecting with PostgreSQL driver

Julie Reier
Hi.

I am debugging an existing configuration, need some assistance.

When I test the configuration with isql, as follows:

$ isql -v rndredshift.gio.videologygroup.com

the following error is displayed:

[S1090][unixODBC][Driver Manager]Invalid string or buffer length

[ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect

Here’s what else I see:

$ odbcinst -q -s

[RPTDB.tidaltv.com]

[OPTDB.tidaltv.com]

[rndredshift.gio.videologygroup.com]

$ odbcinst -q -d

[MSSQL]

[FreeTDS]

[PostgreSQL]

$ odbcinst -j

unixODBC 2.3.1

DRIVERS............: /usr/local/unixODBC/etc/odbcinst.ini

SYSTEM DATA SOURCES: /usr/local/unixODBC/etc/odbc.ini

FILE DATA SOURCES..: /usr/local/unixODBC/etc/ODBCDataSources

USER DATA SOURCES..: /home/audienceuser/.odbc.ini

SQLULEN Size.......: 8

SQLLEN Size........: 8

SQLSETPOSIROW Size.: 8

$ cat /usr/local/unixODBC/etc/odbcinst.ini

[MSSQL]

Description=ODBC for MSSQL Server

Driver=/usr/local/lib/libtdsodbc.so

UsageCount=1

[FreeTDS]

Description=v0.63 with protocol v8.0

Driver=/usr/local/freetds/lib/libtdsodbc.so

Setup=/home/craigj/usr/local/lib/libdtdsS.so

UsageCount=3

[PostgreSQL]

Description=PostgreSQL driver

Driver=/usr/lib64/libodbcpsql.so

Setup=/usr/lib64/libodbcpsqlS.so

UsageCount=2

$ cat /usr/local/unixODBC/etc/odbc.ini

[RPTDB.tidaltv.com]

Driver=FreeTDS

Description = Production SQL server.

Servername = ProdSql

Server = 192.168.100.57

Port = 1433

Trace = Yes

TraceFile    = /home/craigj/logs/proddb.log

ForceTrace   = Yes

Database = AN_RPT

[OPTDB.tidaltv.com]

Driver=FreeTDS

Description = Production SQL server.

Servername = OptSql

Server = 192.168.100.112

Port = 1433

Trace = Yes

TraceFile    = /home/craigj/logs/proddb.log

ForceTrace   = Yes

Database = AN_OPT

[rndredshift.gio.videologygroup.com]

Driver=PostgreSQL

Description = RND Server

Servername = RndSql

Server = 172.16.17.249

Port = 5439

Trace = Yes

TraceFile = /home/audienceuser/logs/proddb.log

ForceTrace = Yes

I appreciate any and all suggestions!

This email is intended only for the use of the individual(s) to whom it is addressed. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete the original email.

Re: Trouble connecting with PostgreSQL driver

Nick Gorham-2
On 12/01/15 20:35, Julie Reier wrote:
Hi.

I am debugging an existing configuration, need some assistance.

When I test the configuration with isql, as follows:

$ isql -v rndredshift.gio.videologygroup.com

the following error is displayed:

[S1090][unixODBC][Driver Manager]Invalid string or buffer length

[ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect

Here’s what else I see:

Turn on driver manager logging so we can see just where the error comes from.

in odbcinst.ini

[ODBC]
TraceFile=/tmp/sql.log
Trace=Yes