Teradata and 'SQL_ERROR or SQL_SUCCESS_WITH_INFO but no error reporting API found'

Teradata and 'SQL_ERROR or SQL_SUCCESS_WITH_INFO but no error reporting API found'

Daniel Kasak
Hi all.

I have to connect to multiple databases via ODBC, so I *assume* I have to use unixODBC ( and not, for example, Teradata's driver manager). The problem is that Teradata's ODBC drivers appear to be pretty bad. If I execute a statement that works, everything is fine. But if I execute something that raises an error, I get:

SQL_ERROR or SQL_SUCCESS_WITH_INFO but no error reporting API found

I've googled for a while and found other people with the same issue, but no solution. What's going on here? Am I correct in assuming that Teradata simply haven't implemented an error reporting API?

Dan

Re: Teradata and 'SQL_ERROR or SQL_SUCCESS_WITH_INFO but no error reporting API found'

Nick Gorham-2
On 12/03/14 06:42, Daniel Kasak wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> I have to connect to multiple databases via ODBC, so I *assume* I have
> to use unixODBC ( and not, for example, Teradata's driver manager).
> The problem is that Teradata's ODBC drivers appear to be pretty bad.
> If I execute a statement that works, everything is fine. But if I
> execute something that raises an error, I get:
>
> SQL_ERROR or SQL_SUCCESS_WITH_INFO but no error reporting API found
>
> I've googled for a while and found other people with the same issue,
> but no solution. What's going on here? Am I correct in assuming that
> Teradata simply haven't implemented an error reporting API?
>
> Dan

Thats certainly what it looks like.

On 12/03/14 08:13, Nick Gorham wrote:

> On 12/03/14 06:42, Daniel Kasak wrote:
>> Hi all.
>>
>> I have to connect to multiple databases via ODBC, so I *assume* I
>> have to use unixODBC ( and not, for example, Teradata's driver
>> manager). The problem is that Teradata's ODBC drivers appear to be
>> pretty bad. If I execute a statement that works, everything is fine.
>> But if I execute something that raises an error, I get:
>>
>> SQL_ERROR or SQL_SUCCESS_WITH_INFO but no error reporting API found
>>
>> I've googled for a while and found other people with the same issue,
>> but no solution. What's going on here? Am I correct in assuming that
>> Teradata simply haven't implemented an error reporting API?
>>
>> Dan
>
> Thats certainly what it looks like.

It may also be that the driver manager is regarding the driver as
unicode but the driver only exports the non unicode error api, or the
other way around. I will check a DM change in later that might help with
this. Its moving away from what the MS DM does, but if it helps its
worth trying.