Stored Procedure Executed using Freetds Not Returning Return Codes

Stored Procedure Executed using Freetds Not Returning Return Codes

Funny,Solomon

My company is using freetds (version 7) and a linux server, to test stored procedures, migrated from Sybase. The procedures are executing against a SQL Server 2012 database.

The user has indicated, when the stored procedures are executed, no return codes are being returned by the stored procedures.

I have read some google articles where this issue has been experienced.  Some have indicated the driver may be incompatible, but when executing queries against the SQL Server Instance, the queries execute successfully.

Is anyone using freetds to execute stored procedures successfully or has anyone experienced this issue?

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Solomon Funny

Database Services

Federal Home Loan Bank of New York

30 Montgomery Street

Jersey City, NJ 07322

(201) 356-1235

[hidden email]

Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments (including, but not limited to, any attached e-mails) may be legally privileged and confidential. If you are not an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and permanently delete the e-mail and any attachments immediately. You should not retain, copy or use this e-mail or any attachment for any purpose, nor disclose all or any part of the contents to any other person.

Re: Stored Procedure Executed using Freetds Not Returning Return Codes

Daniel Kasak
Quite a long time ago ( ie over 10 years ago ) I was using FreeTDS and
unixODBC ( on Linux ) to execute stored procedures in SQL Server 7
that returned a recordset ( not a return code ). I never had any
issues with what I was doing. It might help to provide a small example
that people can test?

Dan