SQL_INTERVAL_STRUCT fraction portion

David Ritter-3

Hello,

I have been using the SQL_INTERVAL_STRUCT to fetch Interval data from an Informix database. I have discovered that the fractional part of the Interval is expected to be in microseconds (rather than milliseconds).

Can anyone confirm if this is Informix specific behavior or if all ODBC drivers would make this same assumption about the fraction portion of an Interval.

Here is about all the definition of the struct that I can find:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms711781(v=vs.85).aspx

Thank you for your help,

David Ritter

Re: SQL_INTERVAL_STRUCT fraction portion

Nick Gorham-2
On 13/04/14 23:27, David Ritter wrote:

Hello,

I have been using the SQL_INTERVAL_STRUCT to fetch Interval data from an Informix database. I have discovered that the fractional part of the Interval is expected to be in microseconds (rather than milliseconds).

Can anyone confirm if this is Informix specific behavior or if all ODBC drivers would make this same assumption about the fraction portion of an Interval.

Here is about all the definition of the struct that I can find:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms711781(v=vs.85).aspx

Thank you for your help,

David Ritter

It does seem a little bit undefined, but microseconds (10e-9) would be consistent with the fractional part of the SQL_TIMESTAMP_STRUCTURE where it is clearly defined.