SQL_ATTR_CONNECTION_POOLING

Matt Phipps
Hi unixODBC,

Does calling SQLSetEnvAttr with SQL_ATTR_CONNECTION_POOLING do anything if odbcinst.ini doesn't contain Pooling = Yes? Looking through the source, it looks like SQL_ATTR_CONNECTION_POOLING sets a flag in the environment struct but that that flag doesn't have any effect.

I'm looking at the source for 2.2.14 btw, though the latest from SVN seemed to be in a similar situation.

Thanks,
Matt Phipps

Re: SQL_ATTR_CONNECTION_POOLING

Nick Gorham-2
On 02/04/14 19:50, Matt Phipps wrote:

> Hi unixODBC,
>
> Does calling SQLSetEnvAttr with SQL_ATTR_CONNECTION_POOLING do
> anything if odbcinst.ini doesn't contain Pooling = Yes? Looking
> through the source, it looks like SQL_ATTR_CONNECTION_POOLING sets a
> flag in the environment struct but that that flag doesn't have any effect.
>
> I'm looking at the source for 2.2.14 btw, though the latest from SVN
> seemed to be in a similar situation.
>
> Thanks,
> Matt Phipps

No, I dont think it has any effect. I will check with the source.