Request to spin new version of UNIXODBC on PowerPC64 Little Endian system

Request to spin new version of UNIXODBC on PowerPC64 Little Endian system

Anurag Gupta

Hi Nick,

We are in the process of adding support for Little Endian architecture
for IBM Power PC (ppc64le). For this we want to have UNIXODBC package
containing support for this architecture.

In the release tarball and SVN source, I couldn't find ppc64le changes
in any of the autotools file(config.guess, configure, libtool.m4). In
addition,I found multiple config.guess, configure, libtool.m4 files
inside the tarball. Since, we are looking at distros to pick up upstream
release that has ppc64le support, hence requesting you to spin a new
release w/  ppc64le support.

For this you can use latest libtool and then autoconf your build tree to
create all scripts with ppc64le support. But in this case, since latest
official libtool release doesn't contain changes for ppc64le and
official release is expected in next few months, we have worked with
libtool maintainer to get alpha release that has all the needed bits to
support building on ppc64le.

Until then, can we request you to spin off a new version of your pkg
using the alpha libtool release (links below) for distros to pick up, or
if required, I can send patches too

You can pick up the alpha release from either of the below :

ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/libtool/libtool-2.4.2.418.tar.gz (1.6MB)
ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/libtool/libtool-2.4.2.418.tar.xz (920KB)

Appreciate your quick response.

Thanks!
Anurag