Oracle Windows mingw GTK

straygrey
I now attempting to convert an application written in C using GTK to run on
Windows. This program accesses an Oracle database with/via ODBC and I am having
a problem finding the correct .h files to include.
I cannot get it to compile as a number of definitions are missing.
Like:-
error: 'HENV' undeclared
error: 'HDBC' undeclared
error: 'HSTMT' undeclared

I suspect that I may have to find Oracle specific .h files where previously, on
Linux, the unixodbc files worked fine. Is this correct ?

---

Regards,
Alf Stockton www.stockton.co.za

Q:  Why do mountain climbers rope themselves together?
A:  To prevent the sensible ones from going home.

RE: Oracle Windows mingw GTK

Martin J. Evans-2
HENV etc are deprecated - use SQLHENV etc instead.
The headers you need are part of MDAC. There should be no real issues making
your code compile with unixODBC and MS's driver manager.

If you are writing to the ODBC API you do not need Oracle headers.

Martin
--
Martin J. Evans
Easysoft Ltd, UK

On 27-May-2005 Alf C Stockton wrote:

> I now attempting to convert an application written in C using GTK to run on
> Windows. This program accesses an Oracle database with/via ODBC and I am
> having
> a problem finding the correct .h files to include.
> I cannot get it to compile as a number of definitions are missing.
> Like:-
> error: 'HENV' undeclared
> error: 'HDBC' undeclared
> error: 'HSTMT' undeclared
>
> I suspect that I may have to find Oracle specific .h files where previously,
> on
> Linux, the unixodbc files worked fine. Is this correct ?
>
> ---
>
> Regards,
> Alf Stockton  www.stockton.co.za
>
> Q:  Why do mountain climbers rope themselves together?
> A:  To prevent the sensible ones from going home.

Re: Oracle Windows mingw GTK

Eric Sharkey
> > a problem finding the correct .h files to include.
> > I cannot get it to compile as a number of definitions are missing.
> > Like:-
> > error: 'HENV' undeclared
> > error: 'HDBC' undeclared
> > error: 'HSTMT' undeclared
>
> HENV etc are deprecated - use SQLHENV etc instead.
> The headers you need are part of MDAC. There should be no real issues making
> your code compile with unixODBC and MS's driver manager.

Actually, I don't think the headers are in the MDAC SDK anymore.
Everything is in the Platform SDK now.

Also, make sure that you actually use the platform SDK headers.  If you're
using Visual C++, this comes with obsolete sql headers and you need to
make sure that your include path references the platform sdk headers first.

If you don't have the platform sdk, you can get it here:

http://www.microsoft.com/msdownload/platformsdk/sdkupdate

Eric