No gui built?

Jason Pump
Hi, I am trying to get the DriverManager and ODBCConfig to build, I have
X and QT3 but I am only getting these files installed in /usr/bin or
/usr/local/bin

dltest  isql  iusql  odbc_config  odbcinst

This is my configure:
./configure --x-includes=/usr/X11/include/X11/Xaw3d/
--x-lib=/usr/X11/lib/ --with-qt=/usr/

I am running Suse 9.1. I don't get any error messages or anything, I
just don't get the binaries.

Thanks for any help in resolving this problem.

Jason

Re: No gui built?

Martin J. Evans-2
Watch the configure - it gets to a checking for qt - this is the key.
I think you might have more success setting and exporting QTDIR before
running configure. The check for QT checks for QT headers - have you got
a full QT development system or just QT libs? Also, on some platforms
you'll need things like xmkmf on your path before you run configure.

In any case I don't think --with-qt=path is sufficient - I think there
might be a separate --with-qt-includes= (or something like that) and
--with-qt-libs=.

Martin

Jason Pump wrote:

> Hi, I am trying to get the DriverManager and ODBCConfig to build, I have
> X and QT3 but I am only getting these files installed in /usr/bin or
> /usr/local/bin
>
> dltest  isql  iusql  odbc_config  odbcinst
>
> This is my configure:
> ./configure --x-includes=/usr/X11/include/X11/Xaw3d/
> --x-lib=/usr/X11/lib/ --with-qt=/usr/
>
> I am running Suse 9.1. I don't get any error messages or anything, I
> just don't get the binaries.
>
> Thanks for any help in resolving this problem.
>
> Jason

Re: No gui built?

Nick Gorham
Jason Pump wrote:

> Hi, I am trying to get the DriverManager and ODBCConfig to build, I
> have X and QT3 but I am only getting these files installed in /usr/bin
> or /usr/local/bin
>
> dltest  isql  iusql  odbc_config  odbcinst
>
> This is my configure:
> ./configure --x-includes=/usr/X11/include/X11/Xaw3d/
> --x-lib=/usr/X11/lib/ --with-qt=/usr/
>
> I am running Suse 9.1. I don't get any error messages or anything, I
> just don't get the binaries.
>
> Thanks for any help in resolving this problem.
>
> Jason

Have a look in the config.log file there may be some hints there as to
why it failed to find QT

--
Nick Gorham
Easysoft Limited

Re: No gui built?

Jason Pump
Thank you, I think it is because it could not find the qt header files.

Jason