Need help compiling unixodbc for open-embedded

Need help compiling unixodbc for open-embedded

Alexander Varnin
Hello!
I'm working on unixodbc (v2.3.2) recipe for OpenEmbedded to use it on
our ARM platform.

The way OpenEmbedded build autotools based packages assumes running
basic stuff - aclocal, autoconf to regenerate high-level build scripts.
And this led me to problem.

In the attached file there is a compilation error I receive.

My libtool is 2.4.2 everywhere. As I see, newly generated aclocal.m4
contains the inclusion of m4/ltversion.m4 file. And it contains this
reference to the 2.2.6 libtool.

In aclocal.m4 provided by v2.3.2 package on unixodbc website there is
m4/ltversion.m4 included as well, but version numbers are different from
those in the real presented file.

Is it ok just to manually update version numbers in m4/ltversion.m4 file
so it conforms with that provided in aclocal.m4?

log.do_compile.687 (2K) Download Attachment

Re: Need help compiling unixodbc for open-embedded

Alexander Varnin
I've finally worked it around myself by calling the following command
sequence before configure:

    gnu-configize --force
    libtoolize --force --copy
    aclocal
    autoconf
    automake --add-missing

Sorry for disturbance.

Re: Need help compiling unixodbc for open-embedded

Nick Gorham-2
On 05/02/15 00:28, Alexander Varnin wrote:

> I've finally worked it around myself by calling the following command
> sequence before configure:
>
>      gnu-configize --force
>      libtoolize --force --copy
>      aclocal