Install to alternate directory

Valerie Griffin
How do I install unixODBC to a directory other than /usr/local? I'm on HP-UX
11.11.

Re: Install to alternate directory

Nick Gorham-2
Valerie Griffin wrote:
> How do I install unixODBC to a directory other than /usr/local? I'm on HP-UX
> 11.11.

configure with

--prefix=/path/to/other/install/dir

You can also alter where the odbc.ini and odbcinst.ini files go (default
is <prefix>/etc) with

--sysconfdir=/etc

for example, to use /etc/odbc.ini

Re: Install to alternate directory

Eric Sharkey
> How do I install unixODBC to a directory other than /usr/local? I'm on HP-UX
> 11.11.

When you compile unixODBC, pass the option --prefix=/dir to the
configure script, where "/dir" is the director under which you would
like unixODBC to be installed.

Eric