Does unixODBC Allocate "Prepared Statements" for Queries

Does unixODBC Allocate "Prepared Statements" for Queries

Vince George (vincgeor)

Hi All,

Does unixODBC (always) allocate “prepared statements” (as opposed to just statements) to run queries even though parameters are NOT required?

Thanks…

Vince George | Solutions Manager - Consultant

Mobile: (201) 519-3777

[hidden email] | www.cisco.com

http://www.cisco.com/web/europe/images/email/signature/logo03.jpg

This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole

use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, distribution or disclosure

by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or

authorized to receive for the recipient), please contact the sender by

reply email and delete all copies of this message.

For corporate legal information go to:

Re: Does unixODBC Allocate "Prepared Statements" for Queries

Nick Gorham-2
On 08/07/15 23:46, Vince George (vincgeor) wrote:

Hi All,

Does unixODBC (always) allocate “prepared statements” (as opposed to just statements) to run queries even though parameters are NOT required?

Thanks…

If I understand what you are asking, thats entirely up to the application.

Re: Does unixODBC Allocate "Prepared Statements" for Queries

Michael König
Hi Vince!

As Nick said, it's a decision made by the application. For jsql, it might be easier to just prepare a query each time to eliminate additional ifs in their code. This is typically what I do in my code as well - less code, less testing. The additional roundtrip to the database is negligible for my use cases.

Cheers

Michael

Am 09.07.2015 um 06:04 schrieb Vince George (vincgeor):
That is what I would have thought - but what surprised me is I think jsql may be requesting a prepared statement to run a simple SQL statement which makes no sense!?

Regards... Vince

On Jul 8, 2015, at 8:40 PM, Nick Gorham <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 08/07/15 23:46, Vince George (vincgeor) wrote:

Hi All,

Does unixODBC (always) allocate “prepared statements” (as opposed to just statements) to run queries even though parameters are NOT required?

Thanks…

If I understand what you are asking, thats entirely up to the application.

Dr. Michael König
Software Engineer

Blue Yonder GmbH
Ohiostraße 8
76149 Karlsruhe

Tel +49 (0) 721 383 117 38
Fax +49 (0) 721 383 117 69

[hidden email]
www.blue-yonder.com
Registergericht Mannheim, HRB 704547
USt-IdNr. DE 277 091 535
Geschäftsführer: Jochen Bossert, Uwe Weiss (CEO)